Did you lose traffic rankings due to a recent search engine algorithm update?
Download your 13 point checklist to help you discover exactly why your traffic dropped?
- Learn all you need to know of what happened to your search engine rankings.
- Based on reversed engineered results there are common factors that play a role you can learn from.
- Find the likely cause of what happened to your rankings so you can start the recovery.
If you lost your traffic and rankings recently, you are not alone.
How often does google update algorithm?
It is reported that Google updates its ranking factors more than 500+ times per year.
That’s is a lot of changes to keep track off and to keep on top off.
Especially if they don’t really share why or what they update.
It makes it difficult for a business to stay on top of all these changes.
So what is the latest update from Google?
Below I list some of the recent updates. If you lost traffic or rankings at the same time you might have suffered from the core update influencing your site.
Here is a list of most recent search updates:
- 1 August 2018 – The “Medic” Core Update
- 24 July 2018 – Google Chrome Unsecure warnings
- 9 July 2018 – Mobile Speed update
- 14 June 2018 – Video Carousel update
- 17 April 2018 – Core Update
- 26 March 2018 – Mobile-First Index
- 8 March 2018 – “Brackets” Core Update
If you go further back in time here are some of the Google broad core algorithm updates:
- 26 October 2015 – Rankbrain
- 22 April 2015 – Mobilegeddon update
- 24 Julie 2014 – Pigeon update
- 20 August 2013 – Hummingbird
- 24 April 2012 – Penguin update
- 23 February 2011 – Panda update
If your website has been negatively affected and you know you have the best result for that specific search query there are things you can do to recover your position.
You can improve your on-site SEO, optimise your link profile.
But it ultimately comes down to what Google wants to show as the most relevant useful information to its users.
To attain good positions in the search results you need to have quality valuable relevant information that is informative, that provide a great user experience and builds trust and authority with your audience.
Questions this report will help you get to the bottom and learn more off include:
- How Google search engine algorithm works.
- The latest update ruined my rankings, what can I do?
- How to combat any google update?
- Can’t do infinite scroll after latest google update?
- What algorithm does Google use for search?
- I lost my main keywords, what now?